We Support have considerable experience in the provision of Emergency Placements. We have managed a large number of Emergency Placements over the years and have supported individuals coming from placement breakdowns on as little as 1 hours notice.
An Emergency Placement is required in the event of a placement breakdown whereby the current provider serves notice (sometimes immediate) to the local authority due to the fact they are no longer able to support an individual, this can be for a number of reasons however some of the most common include;
- Aggression or Physical Violence towards Support Staff
- Property Damage Caused by Individual
- Staffing Shortages – Current Provider Unable to Staff the Service
- Refusal of Support Staff to Support the Individual
- Breakdown at Home (When Individual Lives at Home)
- Safeguarding Concerns – If There are Serious Safeguarding Concerns about an Individuals Existing Placement
When a placement breakdown arises it leaves the Local Authority in a position where they need to locate a new supported living placement within a very short timescale and that is where our Emergency Placement service comes in.
If you are looking for an Emergency Placement for a loved one or if you are a social worker looking for an Emergency Placement for an individual you are responsible for then please contact us on;
01606 619 594 (9am-5pm Monday-Friday)
07747 576 429 (Out of Hours On Call Service)